Subject: (no subject)
Okay, i'm still confused!
Is there a heaven where people die and go to now? Or does God hold them in pardise until the coming of Christ?
The way that I'm understanding it is that after Christ ascended into heaven that paridise is used no more. Is this right or am I missing something?
Answer: (See also Question on the Dead in Christ and Clarification on Heaven and Paradise)
Yes, people go direct to Heaven or Hell now, since Jesus rose from the dead. Paradise in no longer used. You are correct.
Paradise was like a prison where the O. T. Saints were held until Jesus died. Until that time, satan had the keys to death and hell, so everyone went into hell, the wicked to torments, the good just being held without pain or suffering. Because no one could have salvation without accepting the Sacrifice that Jesus did for us on the cross. After Jesus died, he went down into hell and took away the keys of death and hell from satan and brought out all those righteous who were being held prisoner (not those being tormented).
Before the death of Jesus;
1. Lk 16:19-31 - The rich man and Lazarus - shows separation of the two parts of Hell. 2. Lk 23:43 - Jesus said the thief on the cross would be in Paradise with him that day.
On the death of Jesus
1. Mt.27:51 - The veil of the Temple was torn in two pieces.
2. Mt 27:52 - There were Graves opened.
3. Isa 61:1 - Prophecy of Jesus descending into Hell to preach to the prisoners.
4. Jn 5:25 - The dead shall hear the voice of the son of God
5. 1Pe 3:16 - Will preach to the spirits in prison.
6. Eph. 4:9,10 - Jesus went into Hell
7. 1Pe 4:6 - Jesus preached to the dead
8. Acts 2:27, 31 - Christ will not stay in Hell.
9. Mt 27:53 - People came out of graves after Jesus rose from the dead on the third day.
10. Rev 1:18 - Jesus holds the keys of death and Hell.
After the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ, on the New Earth, the New Earth will again be called the "Paradise of God" where the "Tree of Life" is. Rev. 2:7. However, this is a different Paradise than the one that was in Hell. In the new Paradise, there will be no prisoners, only those human who worship God, and those of us who will sit in the throne with Jesus and God the father.
I hope this will clear things up for you, if not, write again.
May Jesus christ Lead You Into All Truth
Rev. Jack Barr