Do YOU know God's Will??
By Rev. Jack Barr
It IS God's will for you to know His word (The Bible). 2 Tim 2:15 ''Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.''(1 Tim. 4:13; 2 Pet.1:10).
It IS God's will that you listen to the instructions of God's ministers. 1 Th. 4:1 ''... we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God ...'' If you follow God's will, you WILL know what is pleasing or displeasing to Him.
God tells us by name, of some actions that are an ABOMINATION to Him. The word ''abominable, abomination'', In Funk & Wagnalls ''Standard Encyclopedic Dictionary'', is
- Very hateful; loathsome.
- To dislike strongly -syn. see Hate
- To regard with loathing; abhor.
- Extremely disagreeable; bad.
--- In the King James Version Bible, the word ''abominable'' appears 23 times, The word ''abomination'' appears 75 times, and the word ''abominations'' appears 73 times. You should know and have read every one of these 171 verses because, to do any one of the things listed in these verses IS a grave sin against God!! It IS God's will for you NOT to do any of these things OR any variation of them.
When God tells us in His Word that it is an abomination to have sexual relations with an animal (Lev. 18:23, 26-27), we agree and say ''What a terrible thought, I don't do that'', and when God says that it is an abomination to ''pass your seed (children) through the fire to Molech'', (that is killing your child in fire to please the false god Molech) [Lev. 18:21, 26-27], we shudder at the thought, and say, but we don't do that. But, when God tells us that astrology, moon signs, zodiac, horoscopes, magic, charms, hypnotism etc. (Deut. 18:10-11) are an abomination to Him, we jump up and say, ''I don't see anything wrong with that, what harm can it do.'' The harm is that you will go to hell for it!!! Why? Because these practices are; Divination, Observer of times, enchanters, charmer. All and Every Variation of these practices are an abomination to God. It doesn't matter that you have followed these practices all of your life or that your father and grandfather did them! GOD SAID, THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION, TO HIM!!!! You are to stop doing them!! You are to repent of ever having done any of these practices!! Only by this can you gain entrance into heaven.
- Is the use of anything other than God to find future knowledge or hidden knowledge. -- The attempt to obtain secret knowledge, either by inspiration (Acts 16:16) or by the reading and interpreting of certain signs called omens. Those who practice divination assume (no this is not your escape clause) that the gods or spirits are in possession of secret knowledge desired by men and that they can be induced to impart it.
- Divination was highly developed by all ancient peoples --the Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc. --and even the Hebrews practiced it, although it was severely condemned by Moses and the prophets. Deuteronomy 18:10 is the classical passage in this subject. There were various modes of divination: by reading omens, dreams, both involuntary and those induced by what is called ''incubation,'' i.e. by sleeping in some sacred place where the god revealed his secrets to the sleeper; the use of the lot; hydromancy or foretelling from the appearance of water; astrology or the determination of the supposed influence of the heavenly bodies on the destiny of a person or nation; rhabdomancy, or the use of the divining rod (Hosea 4:12; Ezek. 8:17); hepatoscopy or divination by an examination of the liver of animals; necromancy, or consulting the dead; and the sacrifice of children by burning. These are but a few ways to practice divination. We will cover this subject in much greater detail later.
Observer of times:
- One who practices Astrology or Conjuring --referring to those persons who had (have) a superstitious regard for days that were supposed to be lucky or unlucky, (days to plant or weed, etc.) as decided by astrology (moon or stars). Such people were condemned (Deut. 18:9-14). Some persons were supposed to be able to foretell political or physical changes by the motion of clouds.
- A magician or one who uses any type of omens or form of magic, including divination. Several Hebrew and Greek words, variously translated occur. All forms of enchantment were forbidden God's people (Deut. 18:10; Acts 8:9,11; 13:8,10; 19:19). Magic is used by witches and magicians. A magician is one who practiced superstitious ceremonies to hurt or to benefit mankind. The Hebrews were forbidden to consult magicians (Gen. 41:8; Exod. 7:11,22; Dan. 1:20; 2:2; 5:11; Acts 13:6,8). Magic is of two kinds -- natural or scientific and supernatural or spiritual. The first attributes its power to a deep, practical acquaintance with the power of nature. The second attributes its power to an acquaintance with celestial or infernal agencies.
- A Hypnotist -- to use spells, to cast spells, to fascinate, enchantment.
- You are forbidden even to use one of these persons. Even the use of a person who practices these things on your behalf makes you as guilty as they are.
- You say that you didn't know? That you did it in all innocence? You claim that when you do these practices that it is not a sin? You say that God gave you the moon and stars to use? When you stand before God, will He accept these answers? Will He not say to you, ''I gave you my words and you did not accept them, I sent others to tell you and you would not listen.'' You ARE now being told, you have no further excuses! God gave you the responsibility to read His word, the responsibility to listen to His word, the responsibility to obey His word!!
- In Luke 12:47-48, Jesus said, ''And that servant, who knew his Lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes ...''. But he that knew not, was still beaten, so you see that Ignorance will not save you. Knowledge of His word can, but knowledge of His word and failing to believe and act on it is worse than ignorance.
- Jesus is coming back for His People very soon. Jesus has His messengers begging you to be ready, to repent of all your sins. He sends messengers to point out to those who will listen what they must do to be ready to go with Him in the rapture.
- Remember the parable of the 10 virgins (Matt. 25:1), All of them thought they were ready. But,-- half of them were not ready when the time came, because they paid no attention to the details. Are you Really ready, or have you been ignoring the details, the details of what pleases God. I, as well as any other minister (messenger), can only tell you of the areas that God wants brought to your attention.
- If the Holy Spirit is convicting you on any of these practices that I bring to your attention then you know that the devil is also telling you that it is Ok to do them. The devil will have you believe any lie. Check the Bible and listen to the Holy Spirit.
- See Ezek. 3:20-21; 18:24, you are being warned, the rest is between you and God. Your blood will not be on my head, for I obey the Lord and do warn you. I will continue telling you about Occult practices so that you might recognize something, even as I have, and ask God for forgiveness so that your lamp will be full and bright when Jesus comes back. If even One Soul is saved by these messages, then it has all been worth it. May the Glorious God of All be with you and guide you to heaven. Amen.
Return to Main Index
Return to Jack's Home page