Dedicated to Help You Understand The Bible
BY REV. JACK BARR
Index of Articles
Statement of Jack's Faith
When I started reading the bible, I passed over many parts of the Scriptures because I
did not understand the meaning of certain words, or I did not know the history of the
peoples, or their manners and customs. When I studied the above items, I found a
richness, a more full appreciation for many of the stories I read about in the bible. I
began to see God's truths come alive. I began to see those written of as real people and
not just names that I can't pronounce.
As I gained a greater knowledge of what the bible was saying I found the Holy
Spirit was showing me more and more connections between the different parts of the
bible. I wanted to help every one else to also gain a greater pleasure in reading the
bible, by helping them to also gain an understanding of the little things in the bible, for
many of these little things are direct pointers to God's truth.
I know that most people do not have either the time or the resources to undertake such
a study on their own, even if they had the desire. So this Web Site is for those who
wish to learn more about the bible.
Most of The articles posted here were previously printed in my Newsletter which I had
published for five years with additional articles added from time to time. I have published both original works of mine and works
compiled by me. There will also be some articles, from time to time, that have been
submitted by other authors for publication, or by authors who have given me
permission to reprint their works. All articles other than my own are copyrighted
by the author.
It is my belief that God's word must be spread to the entire world without cost to those
who hear or read His word. (Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the
world, and preach the gospel to every creature.) In keeping with this, For the Articles,
or parts of articles, with my by-line "Rev. Jack Barr", I place into public domain, that
you may copy and help spread them to all who will listen.
Your comments are welcome. Send your Email comments to Yourcomm@barr-family.com
My time is limited so please do not expect an answer immediately. I will be very selective
on what I will answer to. If you respond because you disagree with one of my articles,
please include the verses from the bible to back up your statements. Please do not
quote from any other documents, writings, books, etc. As they are all mans works,
and not God's.
By Rev. Jack Barr
This is my statement of faith. Printed so that those who read this Web Page may
understand my beliefs. I do not, nor have I ever adopted the doctrines of any Christian
denomination, that is to say, I have not changed my beliefs in order to match their
doctrinal beliefs. These beliefs listed below are MY beliefs, because I have found them
be true from my studies in the Bible as I searched for the truth of God's Word.
I do not support the beliefs of any Christian denomination unless they can be
and proven in the Bible. I recognize only the King James Bible as the True Word of
However, If any of you find fault with what I publish, or teach in this newsletter, I
ask you to write to me about it. I also ask that in writing, that you also quote Scripture
back you up. I welcome any comments, positive or negative. Now for my statement
1. There is One True God (Deut. 6:4; Isa. 43:10-11)
- I believe the one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I
AM", the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind.
I believe the True One God has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles
relationship and association as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. (The
Trinity) (Lk 3:22; Mat. 28:19; 1 Jn. 5:7; Isa. 48:16)
2. In The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Mat. 1:23; 1 Jn. 4:2,10,14;
- I believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of
Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as an atoning sacrifice
our sins. And that He rose bodily from the dead on the third day after death, ascended
into heaven, where He sits at the right hand of God the Father. He is now our high
and advocate. His Deity is proven by:
- His Virgin Birth (Mat. 1:23; Lk. 1:31,35)
- His sinless life (Heb. 7:26; 1 Pe. 2:22)
- His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38)
- His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Cor. 15:3; 2 Cor. 5:21)
- His Bodily resurrection from the dead (Mat. 28:6; Lk. 24:39; 2 Cor.
- His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9, 11; 2:33; Philip. 2:9-11;
3. The Scriptures are Inspired (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Thes. 2:13;
2 Pe. 1:21)
- I believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the
Word of God, divinely inspired and the revelation of God to man. The Bible is
true and infallible, therefore is entirely trustworthy, and is the final authority in
it teaches of faith and conduct. I believe that God has protected His Word in the form
the King James Bible. I believe that all other so-called "other bible versions" are
only by man, twisting and changing the truth of God's Word to what they would like it
be, and therefore teach the other gospel which the Apostle Paul warned us to stay away
from. (2 Cor. 11:3, 13-15; Gal. 1:6-9)
4. In The Fall of Man (Gen. 1:26-27; 2:17; 3:6; Rom. 5:12-19)
- I believe that man and woman were originally created in the image of God,
and upright, but fell into sin by voluntary transgression. All mankind thereby incurred,
only physical death, but also spiritual death, Which is separation from God. Only
regeneration by the Holy Spirit can Salvation and spiritual life be obtained, for sin has
alienated sinners from God, darkened their minds, crippled their wills and made them
and unable to serve God.
5. The salvation of Man (Lk. 24:47; Jn. 3:3; Rom. 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8;
- I believe that it is the loving grace of God that is the source of our salvation
that it is only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross for us, and His
resurrection, that provides the only way for our justification and salvation. Jesus took
sins upon Himself, was judged in our place, and gives His righteousness to us. This
of grace provides salvation for all who believe and repent toward God, having faith
toward Jesus Christ, and only those persons who receive Jesus Christ by faith, are born
the Holy Spirit, thus becoming the adopted children of God.
6. Sanctification (Heb. 13:12-13)
- I believe Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of
dedication unto God (Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Thes. 5:23). Sanctification is realized in the
by recognizing our individual identification with Christ in His death, and resurrection,
by faith calling daily upon the fact of that union. (Rom. 6:1-11, 13; 8:1-2, 13; Gal.
Pe. 1:5; Philip 2:12-13). I believe Sanctification is both instantaneous and
7. In Divine Healing (Isa. 53:4; Mat. 8:16-17; James 5:14-16)
- I Believe that Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. I believe that
deliverance from sickness is provided for and is the privilege of all
8. In The Baptism in Water (Mat. 28:19; Mk. 16:16; Acts 10:37, 48; Ro.
- I believe the Baptism in Water by Immersion is commanded in the Scriptures.
who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. By this
they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been
raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
9. Holy Communion (Lk. 22:19-20)
- I believe in partaking in Holy Communion, the Lord's Supper, consisting of
elements of bread and the fruit of the vine, in remembrance of our sharing the divine
nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Pe. 1:14); as a memorial of His suffering and death
Cor. 11:26); and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Cor. 11:26); and is commanded
all believers "until He comes."
10. In The Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Lk. 24:29; Acts 1:4-5,8; 1 Cor.
- I believe that all believers are entitled to receive the Baptism in the Holy
They should expect, and earnestly seek, the promise of the Father, which is the
the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
This wonderful experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new
birth. (Acts 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9)
With Baptism in the Holy Ghost comes experiences of an overflowing fullness of the
Spirit, (John 7:37-39; Acts 4:8) a deepened reverence for God, (Acts 2:43; Heb.
an intensified consecration to God and dedication to His work, (Acts 2:41) and a more
active love for Christ, for His word and for the lost. (Mark 16:20)
11. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts
2:4; 10:44-47; 11:15-17)
- I believe that the initial sign of having received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit
physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them
The speaking in Tongues in this instance is the same in essence as the gift of Tongues,
Cor. 12:4-10, 28) but different in purpose and use.
12. In The Blessed Hope of the Resurrection (1 Thess. 4:16-17; Rom.
Titus 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:51-52)
- I believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead: of the dead believers in
everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, along with those who are alive and
unto the coming of the Lord; and of the dead unbeliever, to judgment and everlasting
punishment. (Rev. 20:12-15; Isa. 66:23-24)
13. In The Millennial Reign of Christ (Rev. 19:15-16, 20:3)
- I believe that Christ will return to earth with His saints to reign on earth for
thousand years. (Zech. 14:5; Mat. 24:27, 30; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-16; 20:1-6 And that
will establish universal peace (Isa. 11:6-9; Psa. 72:3-8; Micah 4:34).
14. In The Final Judgment (Mat. 25:46; Mk. 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20;
- I believe that there will be a final judgment at which the wicked dead will be
and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of
together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, and Hell, will be
sent into everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which
the second death.
15. In The New Heaven and New Earth (2 Pe. 3:10, 12-13; Rev. 20:11;
- I Believe that God will totally destroy this earth and the present heavens and
create entirely new heavens and earth where only righteousness will dwell.
There they are, my beliefs, which I base on the Bible. May each of you study the bible
God's truth, and not accept blindly what any man says, or writes.
Rev. Jack Barr
Index of Articles
Rev. Jack Barr
Email Your Comments To: Yourcomm@barr-family.com